Tires are considered as the most important safety feature in a car. Do you know why? Because they are the only part which comes in contact with the road. Hence, they should be maintained in good condition all the times to avoid safety issues.
If you are a lady, follow the simple tips below on how to keep your tires safe.
- The tire pressure should be maintained at the correct level as recommended by the manufacturer to reduce fuel consumption and to increase the lifespan of your tires.
- Over inflating the tires increases resistance to the road, thereby resulting in higher fuel consumption. If you are putting less pressure, they may overheat and wear faster. Getting informed about the type of tire that suits your car best will help you save money. You should also be informed that each car needs a different type of wheel depending on the terrain.
- The second thing to be taken into consideration is the tread. If it is disappearing, it indicates that it is time for a replacement.
- Driving gently without breaking or accelerating heavily will increase the lifespan of your tires.
- Try not to overload your vehicle as this will also adversely affect the tires.
- Always check the year when the tire is manufactured as it is an important consideration when planning for tire replacement.
To make your tires look like brand new, it is important to keep them clean by doing the following steps:
- Fill a bucket with lukewarm water and mix it with soap. Get a soft bristle brush and scrub the surface well.
- Rinse off with water and dry the tires with a microfiber cloth.
- Coating should be applied to protect the tires when driving on rough terrains as it acts as a protective layer.
There you go ladies, these are some of the tips which you can follow to increase the lifespan of your tires. To ensure your safety, visit your trusted local car workshop immediately.